Hospital Hexies again…

20170310_070254_resizedWell, I am at the hospital  making hexies again.  Today Miranda is having surgery on her elbow.  When she had her accident, she had a compound fracture of her elbow.  She also lost about 3 inches of the bone.  So today, they will take a bone from her thigh and use it to permanently repair her elbow.  She has limited movement, so hopefully this will provide her better range of motion.  The x-ray is totally scary looking.  I have a few others I will ut on her page.

For now, I will continue to make hexies to pass the 20170310_094411time.   I still have two more pieces to make for the entire bedroom set, so at least it is productive.

Happy Quilting

Happy Sewing

Treasure your family

Advertisements

Limited Progress Ho Hum…..

Well, I finished the topper for one nightstand.  Now I need to quilt it and get it on the 20170305_201141_resized_1nightstand.  Two more to go and all of the bedroom furniture will have some protection.  So, you can tell this one is not for my side of the bed, although, I love the dog bone fabric, and of course Ohio state.  The blue plaid is actually a cotton shirt that got a hole in it.  It was one of Kevin’s favorites (and mine), so I decided to cut it up and use it somewhere else.  Worked perfectly and was 100% cotton.  All though he did look at me like I was some kind of weirdo when I cut the arm off his shirt and started to use it for something other than a rag.

So nearing the completion of this piece, I watched a Jenny Doan video on English Paper Piecing and 20170305_201151_resized_1instead of sewing down the corners, they glued it.  Never thought of that and it saved a ton of time.  You can see here on the back how I 20170305_201202_resized_1sewed most of them and then started using my glue stick.  Looks the same on the front and once it is quilted, who is going to know?  Has me considering some other shapes for my “Sit on the couch” projects.

Made some progress on my “One Monthly goal for March”.  Need to make more. It is not going to bad.  About 20% complete.

Happy Quilting

Happy Sewing

Treasure Your Family

Finally, some progress…but what a pain

So, I finally was able to work on a bit of quilting.  However, things did not go as planned.  I never like my quilting.  I wanted something very specific for my Dog Bone Dresser scarf, mainly Dog Bones, duh.  So, I decided to use that sticky saran wrap “Glad Press and Seal”.  There were good things and bad things about it.  So, I don’t exactly hate the quilting.  Dog 20170128_205041bones actually look like dog bones.  However, now that I am done with the quilting, I am pretty sure I have spent more time picking out that “Press and Seal” wrap than I actually spend quilting the entire piece.  The other part was that while doing the quilting, I found that the “press and Seal was not easy to re-position.  Once you start quilting and compress your quilt sandwich, I found that the “Press and Seal: needed adjusted and it was not possible.

I put the entire design on, including sqiggely lines.  I found it difficult to follow.  Most of the time I did my own squigglies until I got to the dog bone.  Then I follow the pattern.  I have three other pieces to make for our bedroom.  I think I will make a dog bone template and use a Frixion Pen.  I don’t need a template for squiggely lines.  That I have under control.  The hands are getting better, so hopefully I can get back into my routine and be less cranky.  If anyone has had luck using “cling Wrap”, I would love for someone to tell me why it was so difficult and if there is an easy way to remove all that plastic.  I am curious how everyone else marks their quilts now that I becoming more adventurous with my quilting.

Happy Quilting

Happy Sewing

Treasure your family