Well, I ignored “My one Monthly Goal for the weekend”, since I was mad at this project. Finally got back to it on Sunday and things went better. No more crazy Loops.
Did a little bit of my English Paper piecing while lounging on the couch.
Did some cutting for a couple of projects in the works. Once is for my daughter. I would tell you all about it, but she is nosey and occasionally reads my blog in hopes that I mention her. Hello Haley. Lol.
Tracy from It’s a T-Sweets Day nominated me for a Liebster award.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. For a link to the rules please see The Golden Aussie.
As a nominee, I am to list 10 facts about myself”
1.) I am a widow twice. Working on getting my own show on the ID channel.
2.) I was not supposed to have any children, yet my daughter was born 4 weeks before my 40th birthday
3.) I have an MBA in executive management (boring).
4.) I am the crazy dog lady. I have four and have rescued many including multiple large batched of puppies.
5.) I love sports.
6.) I love to cook. Kevin got me Gordon Ramsay cooking lessons for my birthday.
7.) I used to be foster parent to teen age boys
8.) I have three sisters.
9.) I am honest to point that it sometimes gets me in trouble.
10.) I have a fabric store in my utility room (not really, just enough to have one though)
My nomination for this award comes from the very talented Tracy from Tracy @It’s a T-Sweets Day. As a nominee, Tracy has asked me 10 questions. They are as follows:
- How did you get started quilting or sewing or crocheting? – My grandmother. When I was young 6 or seven, I would sit at her sewing machine and sew together all the sample fabrics she got from Blair’s clothing.
- If you could have one present, what would it be? To have my husband Derrick back. I miss him so much.
- What is your favorite sewing tool? – I have an Aldo Quilt Cut, which is very helpful.
- What has been your favorite blog post? That is a hard one. I would say anything that has a finish in it.
- Who has been your inspiration? All the women in my life. My mother who left her family behind to come to America and my Grandmother. Both survived World War II in Germany.
- What is your favorite food? – Unfortunately, I love them all. A favorite would be German food. It reminds me of Mom
- When do you blog? Weird times, whenever I can.
- Did your mother sew? No, but she got a sewing machine so we could do things and Home-ec for school.
- What makes a perfectly SWEET day at your house? No drama
- What advice would you give to future sewer/bloggers? Not one of us started out getting it all right. It does take practice and patience. Great friends can be made through blogging.
I have to admit, learning about Tracy was interesting. I sometimes picture what I think someone looks like or imagine what age they are. I was certainly wrong. For some reason I thought Tracy was much younger than myself. Like in her 30’s. I was wrong. She must be young at heart for sure. Great minds think alike.
Now for the fun part…. I get to choose some nominees! They are:
Quilting Queens-https://quiltingqueens.wordpress.com/ Some of the most beautiful appliqued quilts and a wonderful person that understands the quilting community.
Jodi Richelle @ https://jodierichelle.wordpress.com/category/my-home/ – Jodi always takes the time to comment or offer valuable advice with sewing/quilting and cooking.
Sandy and Cindy at Gray Barn Designs at https://graybarndesigns.com/ – Beautiful quilts and great information.
I hope you’ll play along. Here are my questions,
1.) Who inspired you to quilt/sew
2.) If you could meet one person you have never met , who would it be?
3.) What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
4.) What kind of music do you like?
5.) what is your favorite quilt/sewn project/craft.
6.) What is your favorite candy bar?
7.) Hand quilt or machine quilt?
8.) What is your favorite color?
9.) what id your favorite quilting/crafting item?
10.) Do you work on one project or many.
Your turn, nominate your favorites.
Happy Sewing and Treasure your Family