So, I finshed this, mostly so I could see if I liked my own design. I sort of like it. I had the most difficult time with the binding. I wanted to use the same as the background fabric but the biggestest square I had left to make bias binding was onl 13″. That made for an interesting binding session. Add that to the fact that it is homespun fabric and ravels like crazy. Binding was a challenge but I did it.
I decided to do very small meandering. I think that came out pretty good. The hardest part was keeping it small. I had to constantly remind myself to pay attention to my sizing. I think that I will make a another one of these to get my design totally down. Want to make a couple of tweaks. Next time I am going to put some veins in the leaves. Was going to do it this time, but I really liked it and decieded to leave it as it was.