This is the cutest darn thing…… but I think anything with dogs is cute. I am sure you know, I am a crazy dog lady. I love my puppies. My daughter and I were at the quilt store and I saw the “scrabble” panel. I bought it. These are all my dogs including the ones that are waiting for me over the rainbow bridge. The ones not here with me have a little gold halo over the first letter of their name. I frequently dream about my dogs not here. In my dreams we are sitting around the table talking. My Koko is apologizing to Clover for making fun of her for only having three legs. Darby is apologizing for knocking bread off the counter and eating it. They always tell me I am the best Mom.
Now I need to quilt and find a place to hang it.
I enjoyed the three day weekend. It was not long enough. I finished piecing another table runner. I made about a dozen pillow cases for the Guild’s charity.
I finally got my sourdough starter ready to make bread.
My family from Germany is coming to visit. They should be arriving in the states today. They have three weeks planned out. We will be meeting up with them in Washington DC in a couple of weeks. I have never met my cousin’s wife or daughter. I am very excited to meet them in person. We do chat and sometimes talk on WhatsApp.
So, Sophia and Christine, love horses. They send me videos of Sophia riding her horse frequently, which I enjoy. So, I made a horse quilt for her.
IT gave me such grief. Mostly due to the fact that sometimes, I am just a dumba$$.
So, this was one of the quilts that I was basting when I had the spray debacle. Funny thing that turned out to be the least of my problems. I had this all rolled up ready to be basted. Thought I was ahead of the game. Hahaha. Turns out that as I reached the bottom of the basting, I failed to measure this quilt. I could say I improperly measured, but truth be told, I never measured it at all. So, turns out my backing and batting was a few inches too short.
No way to unglue all that. I decided to quilt it and leave 6 inches unquilted and then figure out what to do. I sort of figured that I will piece the batting and backing on.
Well, I managed to piece in the piece of batting, not a big deal. However, I had left over arrow fabric that I was going to use to piece across the bottom. Wrong. Came out totally wonky and looked like a crazy person did it. I think the problem was that it was directional and sewing the fabric on was not as easy as I thought. Ended up finishing the quilting without the back and hand sewing a piece clear across the back along the bottom (light green).
I really did not like this quilt the entire time I was working on it, however now that is is finished, I do like it. It looks like a horse quilt for a little girl and that is what I was going for. The back came out OK despite my issues.
I got word today that they were in New York. Looking forward to meeting up with them!