Hello Fellow Quilters!
Lesson #1 – I hated these fabrics when thy were given to me to make a donation quilt. I hate them a little lesson now that it is together. It looked better on the design wall than it did in the picture. I think this would look better with some different fabric. I may try it with some of my own at some point. Lesson is,don’t always judge fabrics so harshly, sometimes they will surprise you.
Lesson #2 – If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector, get one. We all could have lost our lives. Our ancient (20+ years) carbon monoxide detector, went off and would not stop. Initilly we thought it was nothing, but something said call the fire department and have it checked. It goes off when the kids unplug it or bump it and it beeps to let you know that it is on battery power. Well, when the firre department came, they opened the door and shut it immediatly. They said that they could not go in without oxygen. They suited up and returned to tell us that they had never seen carbon monoxide this high in any house. They set up some fans and got us some things we needed out of the houser and we were off to spend the night at the neighbors. The next day it turned out that the exhaust pipe from our water heater became disconnected and all the Carbon monoxide was going directly into the house. We had it repaired and the fire department came back did a recheck and we could return home. Please, if you have propane or natural gas anywhere in yur home, pleaase get one. If yours is old, please replace it. It saved us. We would have all been dead in less than 30 minutes. Lucky for us it was a nice day and we had been outside, so we had only been in the house for about 10 minutes. Phew. I was bit freaked out about the whole thing. Yikes.