I would say it was a miracle that I completed my One Monthly Goal, but I have already used that headline…LOL. I finished my “Starry Starry Night” quilt. This was a top that I paper pieced for Denise at For the Love of Geese as a pattern test (She does have some lovely patterns). It came out not too bad, considering I don’t consider myself a very good paper piecer.
I had a lot of fun quilting this project. I think that is because I like how the quilting came out. I wish I had chosen a different thread for the front, because I wound up liking the back a lot. I used a variable thread on the front, and all I see is the the light part of the thread, which shows any mistakes. I do not have a long arm, so I am always using my domestic machine and I always want to get the “longarm” look on my domestic machine. I know it takes a lot of practice to become proficient and I have been working on it. However, I found these rulers (not sure why some are called rulers) at my local quilt shop. I quilted this using the Star shape. It made making beautiful stars on my domestic machine easy. They come out nearly perfect. I am still getting used to using them, so not every star is perfect, but I like it. I think I will keep this quilt for one of my future grandchildren.
This is the last photo I have of my birds. They have all flown the nest. I see them in the yard, learning about life, trying to get food. It was wonderful watching them hatch and grow each day.
Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday weekend.